Dr Shukri Loutfi, MD, FRCR
Consultant Radiologist, Medical Imaging Department
King Abdulaziz Medical City (KAMC). Riyadh 11426
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Cross-sectional imaging with a special focus on lung cancer imaging.
- RECIST criteria for standardized reporting of Lung cancer.
- Establishing National Cardiothoracic Radiology Fellowship Program in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Board of Radiology; Batches of 2012 and 2017.
King Saud University Fellowship; 2017.
- Haddad MC, Loutfi SI, Tamraz JC Al-Kutoubi AO. The status of radiology in the Arab world. First world report. J Med Liban 2007 Apr-Jun; 55(2):94-8.
- Loutfi SI, Arabi MS, Safadi BY, Haddad MC. Life-threatening liver laceration with arterial haemorrhage complicating percutaneous treatment of hepatic hydatid cyst. J Med Liban 2008; 56(3): 185-188.
- Loutfi SI, Al-Jahdali H, Al Ghanem S.The Solitary Pulmonary Nodule: A Guide to Imaging Work-up and Management. Annals of Thoracic Medicine- Vol 5, supplement, March 2010.
- Al Ghanem S, Loutfi SI. Imaging Work-up of Lung Cancer. Annals of Thoracic Medicine- Vol 5, supplement, March 2010.
- Loutfi SI, Khankan A, Al Ghanem S. Guidelines for multimodality radiological staging of Lung Cancer. Journal of Infection and Public Health.Volume 5, supplement 1, December 2012, pages: S14-S21.
- Khan AN, Al-Jahdali H, Loutfi SI, Al-Harbi AS. Guidelines for the Role of FDG-PET/CT in Lung Cancer Management. Journal of Infection and Public Health. Volume 5, supplement 1, December 2012, pages: S35-S40
- Abdul Rahman Jazieh, Nafisa Abdelhafiez, Ashwaq Al Olayan, Hanaa Bamefleh, Shukri Loutfi. Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors: What after complete remission of lung cancer?. Cancer Treatment and Research Communications. 2017, Vol 11:17-20
- Salem Alshimemeri, Hanaa Bamefleh, Shukri Loutfi, Yazeed Bindous, Azzam Khankan, Waad Almusailhi.Adequacy of Transthoracic Needle Biopsy Samples in the Diagnosis of a Peripheral Lung Lesion – Comparing Success Rates of Various Imaging Modalities. International Journal of Medical Imaging .2017; 5(3): 34-37
6/02-6/06 Resident, Diagnostic Radiology, American University
of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon.
6/05-6/06 Chief Resident, Department of Radiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon.
7/06-7/07 Fellow, University of Michigan, Cardiothoracic Division, Radiology Department, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
05/06 The Royal College of Radiologists, Fellow.
TEACHING and EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Teaching residents at the Department of Radiology, University of Michigan.
Teaching residents at KAMC, participating in the weekly pulmonary meeting and the bi-monthly thoracic oncology meeting.
Member, Saudi Lung Cancer Academy.
Mentor, Thoracic Radiology Residency Training at KAMC.
Member, Medical Imaging Department Research Committee.
Member, Radiology Residency Training Program Committee.
Helical CT Detection of Active Intra-Abdominal Hemorrhage. Presented at The Joint Conference of the Lebanese Society of Radiology and the Pan-Arab Neuroradiology Society, 2004 as well as in the 1st conference of the Radiological Society of Saudi Arabia, 2005.
Imaging Findings of Familial Mediterranean Fever. Presented at the 1st Conference of the Radiological Society of Saudi Arabia, 2005.
Imaging of Pleural Tumors. Presented in the International Chest and Cardiac Imaging Conference. King Fahad Medical City-Riyadh, 9-11 April 2012.
KAMC Resident Radiology Review Courses; 2012-2017.
ASCO Direct Immuno-Oncology Update .Riyadh 2015.
Lung Cancer Academy Annual Academy Course, Case-Based Learning Course, Riyadh 2015.
State of The Art Management of EGFR Mutant Lung Cancer, Riyadh 2016.
Lung Cancer Preceptorship; Riyadh, 2016.
ASCO Direct lung Cancer Update, Riyadh 2016.
Radiology for Non-Radiologists; Riyadh, 2017.
Chest Diseases, Imaging and Beyond Symposium; Dammam, 2017.
FRCR 2B Preparation Course; Dubai, 2017.
SCIENTIFIC/EDUCATIONAL POSTER PRESENTATIONS:
- Loutfi SI, Atilli A, Cascade P, Kazerooni E. Scientific poster; Cardiac MRI case of the day. RSNA 2006.
- Loutfi SI. Non-thrombotic Pulmonary Embolism: Assessment by
Multi-Detector Computed Tomography. EPOS electronic poster presented at ECR 2010.
-A.Khankan, S.Loutfi, T. AL-Hazmi, M.F.Mohammed, M.AlMoaiqel. Persistent left superior vena cava: What every interventionalist should know. Educational poster presented at CIRSE 2010.
- S.Loutfi et al. MDCT of Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return. Scientific poster presented at ISET 2011.
-S.Loutfi et al.MDCT of Transvenous Extension of Pulmonary Neoplasms to the Left Atrium. Presented in ESTI 2011.
-Al Zahrani A, Loutfi S.Partial Absence of Pericardium. Case N.8115.www.eurorad.org.
-Al Zahrani A, Al Zahrani Y, Loutfi S.Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor of The Pleura (PNET).Case N.8303.www.eurorad.org.
-Loutfi S, Khankan A. Imaging and Management of Road Traffic Accidents Related Acute Thoracic Aortic Injuries: A Pictorial Review. Presented in the World Congress of Thoracic Imaging. Korea 2013
-Loutfi S, Tasan A, Khankan A. Assessment of Pneumothorax Following Transthoracic Needle Biopsy of the Lungs: Is Delayed Follow-up Chest Radiograph Needed?. Presented as scientific EPOS in ECR 2015.
-Al Shimemeri S, BaMefleh H, Loutfi S, Khankan A.Adequacy of Transthoracic Needle Biopsy Samples in the Diagnosis of a Peripheral Lung Lesion-Comparing Success Rates of Various Imaging Modalities. Presented in Gulf Thoracic 2016.
Best Resident Tutor: Department of Medical Imaging, KAMC-Riyadh, 2009.
Winner; Case of the Day Competition; European Congress of Radiology (ECR), Vienna 2010.
Young investigator scholarship; World Congress of Thoracic Imaging (WCTI), Korea, 2013.