Radiation protection course - Dubai, 10 Jan 2020.
Date: 10 January 2020.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Review of fundamentals.
- Quantities and measurements.
- Biological effects of ionizing radiation.
- Principles of radiation protection and the international framework.
- Regulatory control.
- Assessment of external and internal exposures.
- Protection against occupational exposure.
- Medical exposures in diagnostic radiology.
- Training the trainers.
- FNAR advice for the radiation safety program.
- Radiation safety committee.
- Update and refresher course for UAE based Radiation Protection Officers.
- To understand the licensing requirements of the Federal Authority of Nuclear Regulation (FANR) and how to meet these requirements.
- Radiation Protection officers - who deal with Radiation Safety issues on a daily basis.
- Staff who want to be a Radiation Protection Officer.
- Radiologists and interventional radiologists.
- Physicians such as surgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, urologists dealing with ionizing radiations.
- Interventional cardiologists
- Radiographers and radiology technologists.
- Radiation exposure workers.
- Dentists, Dental clinic staff.
- Operation theatre staff.
- Cath lab staff
Lectures, Interactive tutorials and exercises.
What will you get on the day:
- Certificate - - CME/CPD Points - applied.
- Lunch & Refreshments included
- Quality Learning Environment
- 9:00 am Pre- Course Assessment
- 9:30 am Review of fundamentals / Quantities and measurements.
- 10:00 am Biological effects of ionizing radiation.
- 10:30 am Coffee Break
- 11:00 am Principles of radiation protection and the international framework.
- 11:30 am Regulatory control.
- 12:00 am Assessment of external and internal exposures.
- 12:30 pm Lunch Break
- 13:30 pm Protection against occupational exposure.
- 2:00 pm Medical exposures in diagnostic radiology.
- 3:00 pm Coffee Break
- 3:30 pm Training the trainers.
- 0400 pm FNAR advice for the radiation safety program.
- 4:30 pm Radiation safety committee / FANR Licensing Procedure and section D
- 05:00 pm End Class
Radicon Institute of Radiology, Suite 107, Building 33, Dubai Health care city, Dubai
2 min walk from DHCC metro station.
GBP 199 - Before 1 Dec 2020
GBP 299 - After 1 Dec 2020
This course provides 6 CPD points in accordance with the Royal College of Radiologist CPD scheme.
Dubai Healthcare City Regulatory Authority (DHCR) CPD points applied.
ON THE DAY:
Lecture and Presentations
Lunch and Refreshments
CME certificates will be sent by the email after the course as per your name in attendance sheet.
Q. How can I book the course?