Radiation protection course - Dubai, 10 Jan 2020.
Date: 10 January, 2020.
- Types of Radiation
- Types of Effects
- Principles Of Radiation Safety
- Methods of Reducing Radiation Hazards
- Reducing Radiation Hazards in Dental Radiography
- Monitoring of Radiation
- Occupational Dose Limit
- Pregnant Radiation Workers
- FANR Advice for Radiation Safety Program
- Radiation Safety Committee
Update and refresher course for UAE based Radiation Protection Officers.
To understand the licensing requirements of the Federal Authority of Nuclear Regulation (FANR) and how to meet these requirements.
- Radiation Protection officers - who deal with Radiation Safety issues on a daily basis.
- Staff who want to be a Radiation Protection Officer.
- Radiologists and interventional radiologists.
- Physicians such as surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, urologists dealing with ionizing radiations.
- Interventional cardiologists
- Radiographers and radiology technologists.
- Radiation exposure workers.
- Dentists, Dental clinic staff.
- Operation theater staff.
- Cath lab staff
Lectures, Interactive tutorials and exercises.
What will you get on the day:
- Certificate - - CME/CPD Points - applied.
- Lunch & Refreshments included
- Quality Learning Environment
- 9:00 am Pre- Course Assessment
- 9:30 am Basics of Radiation
- 10:00 am Characteristics of Ionizing Radiation
- 10:30 am Coffee Break
- 11:00 am Role of RPO in UAE
- 11:30 am Radiation Monitoring Devices
- 12:00 am Biological Effects of Radiation Exposure
- 12:30 pm Lunch Break
- 13:30 pm ALARA
- 2:00 pm FANR Licensing Procedure and section D
- 3:00 pm Coffee Break
- 3:30 pm What international accreditation requires (AOP)
- 0400 pm General Discussion
- 4:30 pm Post Assessment
- 5:00 pm End Class
Radicon Institute of Radiology, Suite 107, Building 33, Dubai Health care city, Dubai
2 min walk from DHCC metro station.
GBP 199 - Before 1 Dec 2020
GBP 299 - After 1 Dec 2020
This course provides 6 CPD points in accordance with Royal College of Radiologist CPD scheme.
Dubai Healthcare City Regulatory Authority (DHCR) CPD point applied.