Radiation Protection Course - Dubai, 26 February 2022
Sorry, currently out of stock
This course is designed to present an overview of the basic principles of radiation protection including the responsibilities of the staff to patients, personnel and public that will guide them to practice safety procedures in their respective workplace. It covers all the necessary information in accordance with the requirements of Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR) and the importance of complying with these requirements.
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to develop the ability to critically assess radiation exposure risks associated with the use, storage and disposal of radioactive materials in medical facility.
- Allied Health Professionals
- All Physicians in medical, surgical, acute diagnostic divisions
- Staff who deals with radiation safety issues on a daily basis
- All personnel who are required to have fundamental knowledge in radiation safety and protection
This course is in accordance with FANR Curriculum
- Review of Fundamentals: Nature of Ionizing Radiation and Radiation Physics
- Radiation Quantities and Measurements
- Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation
- Effects of radiation at the molecular and cellular level
- X-ray Machine and Production
- Principles of Radiation Protection and International Framework
- FANR I: Regulatory Control
- FANR II. Radiation Protection and Safety Programme Advise for Diagnostic Radiology
- Assessment of External and Internal Exposure
- Protection Against Occupational Exposure
- Medical Exposure in Diagnostic Radiology
- Radiation Safety Committee-FANR Licensing Procedure and Section D.
Why Choose Radicon?
- Provides the technical and practical information needed to be a radiation safety officer.
- Covers awareness of the content of any special requirements for permanent facility or site operations and the importance of complying with these.
- The course fee includes Lunch, Refreshments, and CPD Certificate with 7 CPD points.
Overseas delegates who cannot travel are also welcome to join this course online at www.radicon.org
Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, Bur Dubai, Khalid Bin Waleed Road, Between Burjuman and Sharaf DG Metro stations.