Radiation protection course - Dubai, 10 April 2020.
- Radiation Protection officers - who deal with Radiation Safety issues on a daily basis.
- Staff who want to be a Radiation Protection Officer.
- Radiologists and interventional radiologists.
- Physicians such as surgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, urologists dealing with ionizing radiations.
- Interventional cardiologists
- Radiographers and radiology technologists.
- Radiation exposure workers.
- Dentists, Dental clinic staff.
- Operation theatre staff.
- Cath lab staff
10 Apr 2020 (1 day)
Sharing knowledge is caring. Join us with a friend or even book two courses for yourself. A 20% discount on the course fee when you book two seats (Auto discount at checkout).
- Review of fundamentals.
- Quantities and measurements.
- Biological effects of ionizing radiation.
- Principles of radiation protection and the international framework.
- Regulatory control.
- Assessment of external and internal exposures.
- Protection against occupational exposure.
- Medical exposures in diagnostic radiology.
- Training the trainers.
- FNAR advice for the radiation safety program.
- Radiation safety committee.
- Update and refresher course for UAE based Radiation Protection Officers.
- To understand the licensing requirements of the Federal Authority of Nuclear Regulation (FANR) and how to meet these requirements.
WHY RADICON COURSE:
- Provides the technical and practical information needed to be a radiation safety officer.
- Covers awareness of the content of any special requirements for permanent facility or site operations and the importance of complying with these.
- The course fee includes Lunch, Refreshments, and provides 5.5 CPD by Dubai Healthcare City Authority.
9:00 am Pre- Course Assessment
9:30 am Review of fundamentals / Quantities and measurements.
10:00 am Biological effects of ionizing radiation.
10:30 am Coffee Break
11:00 am Principles of radiation protection and the international framework.
11:30 am Regulatory control.
12:00 am Assessment of external and internal exposures.
12:30 pm Lunch Break
01:30 pm Protection against occupational exposure.
02:00 pm Medical exposures in diagnostic radiology.
03:00 pm Coffee Break
03:30 pm Training the trainers.
04:00 pm FNAR advice for the radiation safety program.
04:30 pm Radiation safety committee / FANR Licensing Procedure and section D
05:00 pm End Class
Movenpick Hotel, Dubai Healthcare City. Dubai.